|—||Sara Eckel, This is Why You’re Still Single (It’s Not Why You Think) (via aprettypastiche)|
accept death. befriend death. take death out for dinner. marry death. marry a death who reads
So if we have to show women what the baby looks like in their womb and tell them how the process works before allowing them to get an abortion, does that mean we should teach our soldiers about the culture of the lands we’re invading, and explain to them that the people we want them to kill have families and feel pain, just like Americans?
- Boys, on average, spend two fewer hours doing household chores per week than girls do (they play two hours more).
- If they live in households where children are compensated for doing chores, boys make and save more money.
- A 2009 study conducted by University of Michigan economists found a two-hour gender disparity in responsibilities per week in a study of 3,000 kids.
- 75 percent of girls had chores, while just 65 percent of boys do
- This disparity in chores and free time continues into adulthood all over the world. According to the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), men “report spending more time in activities counted as leisure than women. Gender differences in leisure time are wide across OECD countries.”
- Year after year, studies repeatedly confirm these patterns.
- The problems women face with unequal pay and housework duties actually start in childhood.
- The fact that boys’ chores appear to be more profitable makes the childhood chore gap even more disturbing. Turns out, parents tend to value the work that boys do more.
- Gender stereotypes dictate these patterns.
- men who grow up with sisters do less housework than their spouses and are also significantly more socially conservative.
Just had to bold that bottom point there because of the amount of misogynists who claim that because they have women in their family, they can’t POSSIBLY be sexist ever.
oh my fucking god
I vividly remember all the families in my church where the grade-school boys were goofing off with toys and the girls were being handed younger babies and turned into babysitters.Boys got to be boys, but girls had to be Moms.
Really, it ‘s a serious drag that even little girls today could answer #WithoutTheWageGapIWould
Really interesting post to come across while I’m in the middle of writing a lesson (sort of) centered around the wage gap
Tom Hiddleston - David Titlow Photoshoot Part 2/2
One of my favorite shoots!
Pretty sure this is my all time favorite
Photo #3 - thanks for the visual aid, Thomas.
(Remember ladies: from the base of the wrist to the tip of the middle finger.)
Can I just say that one of my very favorite parts of Winter Soldier was Nick Fury cocking an eyebrow at the police officers side-eyeing his expensive vehicle and sneering, “You wanna see my lease?”
Because the idea of Nick Motherfucking Fury having to deal with shit as disgusting and petty as racial profiling is sort of painfully realistic and heartbreaking. He’s hugely, massively powerful, and he’s sitting in his bulletproof car pondering decisions of worldwide import, but also he gets pulled over sometimes and asked for his registration because the police assume he stole it.
Ack. I was just so pleased that they included that line.
teacher: maybe we should move the test?
my drunken need to show affection finds a new outlet